Friday, July 26, 2013

TIM HO WAN

I'm sure this is no stranger to many people, a big woohaa when they open their first outlet in Singapore. Heard so many comments about it, & I finally get to try it!! Being a local-bred Singapore girl who don't travel a lot, it has always been one of my wishlist to travel to HongKong. Ok, not only for the food but also for Disneyland!! Yes, I know. I am quite a loser, I never been to Disneyland before. (-_-) Haha!! But anyway, a Michelin Star restaurant located in a convenient area in town, I get all excited already just from joining in the queue.

TIM HO WAN
Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road, #01-29A
Operating hour: 10am - 10pm
(First-come-first-serve basis, no reservations allow)
When you visit Tim Ho Wan, they have their signature Big 4 Heavenly Kings that is highly recommended: Baked Bun with BBQ Pork, Steamed Egg Cake, Vermicelli Roll with Pig's Liver, & Pan Fried Carrot Cake.

Baked Bun with BBO Pork $4.50
(This is really damn AWESOME!! Crumbly & fluffy on the outside, with thick fragrant BBQ pork sauce on the inside. FYI, each person can only order 1 set of this.)
Vermicelli Roll with Pig's Liver $5.50
(Personally, I'm not a fan of pig's liver because I don't like the texture & taste of it. So to me, I don't really like it. But of course if you're a pig's liver lover, you should have a go at this.)
Steamed Egg Cake $3.80
(Moist, fluffy & fragrant. Nice~)
Pan Fried Carrot Cake $4.50
Congee with Lean Meat, Century Egg, & Salted Egg $4.20
Glutinous Rice Dumpling $5
(This photo does not do justice to the food, love the fragrance of the Lotus leaf on the rice)
Pork Dumpling with Shrimp 'Siew Mai' $5
(Not really a fan of SiewMai, but the prawn they use is really fresh & juicy!!)
Prawn Dumpling 'Ha Gao' $5.50
SOOOOOOOO FULL~
I was quite lucky that I did not queue very long before I was seated. Heard about how people queue 4 to 5 hours to have their meal here, I only took about 10 to 15 minutes. Haha!! Lucky me~ Anyway, to avoid the crazy long queue I would advice you guys to come down during weekdays around 3 to 5pm. Because that is the time where the office people finish their lunch break, & before the dinner crowd comes in again. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment